Skip Navigation

home >FAQ >FAQ

FAQ

What should I do when I found a hurt natural monument animal?

What should I do when I found a hurt natural monument animal?

• If you find an animal designated as a natural monument, please perform emergency rescue work and inform the cultural property-related division of the nearest local government or the Natural Heritage Division (Tel. +82-42-481-4981~3) of the Cultural Heritage Administration. Then, according to guidelines of the Natural Heritage Division or the governing mayor/Do governor, you should transport the animal to a veterinary hospital designated as the veterinary infirmary for medical treatment.
  • You can also report the situation to the Korea Association of Bird Protection (Tel. +82-2-749-4747/ FAX +82-2-749-4748), which has been designated as a State-designated as cultural heritage maintenance organization, to perform transportation rescue.
  • What is a veterinary infirmary?
  • Designated by Administrator of the Cultural Heritage Administration, a veterinary infirmary is an animal hospital that offers medical treatment for natural monument animals. Veterinary infirmaries are chosen from veterinary hospitals or institutions related to the livestock industry, which belong to a local government and employ a veterinarian license holder, or organizations with a veterinarian license holder.