Cultural Heritage Charter
The long history of the Korean nation has bestowed a wealth of precious cultural heritage.
Cultural heritage is the root of human life and a source of creativity. It is a common asset shared by all humanity.
We have both a right and a duty to identify, understand, and care for cultural heritage and thus further enhance its value.
In recognition of the above, we hereby commit ourselves to the following:
- - Cultural heritage should be conserved in its original integral form and value. The historical and cultural environment and natural heritage should be safeguarded.
- - The people, local communities, and government agencies should exert their efforts to conserve and utilize cultural heritage, so that it contribute to enhance the life quality of people.
- - An environment should be provided in which no one is excluded from learning about and fully enjoying cultural heritage as part of their everyday lives.
- - Efforts should be made to integrate cultural heritage into other sectors, such as science, technology, the arts, and tourism with a view to developing future resources.
- - Close collaboration with the international community should be pursued for the purpose of realizing universal values for all humanity.
- By fulfilling the above commitments, we will enrich our current lives and pass this inheritance to future generations with even greater value.
December 8, 2020