Q&A

Changdeokgung Tours
Writer
Park Hyunju
Date
2007-09-12
Read
Dear Mr/Ms. W. Mei,

Thank you for your interest in Korean cultural heritage, and answers for your questions are as follows:

(1) How can I make a reservation for Changdeokgung Palace English Guided Tour at 11:30?
- Reservation is unnecessary.

(2) What is the duration of a Guided Tour?
- It takes about one hour and 20 minutes.

(3) When I finish the Guided Tour, can I still walk around the grounds of the Changdeokgung Palace?
- Unfortunately, you cannot walk around the grounds after the tour.

(4) How can I make an Internet Reservation for Ongnyucheon Tour at 14:00?
- There is no English guided tour for Ongnyucheon at 14:00 when only Korean guided tour is available. If you still want to join the tour in Korean, you can buy a ticket on the spot from 30 minutes before the tour, or make a reservation through the Korean website of the palace at http://www.cdg.go.kr/info/info04_01.php. Since your planned tour is in October, you can make a reservation from September 20th. While the dates in blue are open for reservation, those in black means that they have been fully booked. You can click a date in blue to make a reservation.

An alternative is to use an English audio guide that can be borrowed from the ticket office at 10 o’clock in the morning. To borrow the device you will be asked to present your identification card.

(5) What is the duration of the Ongnyuchun Tour?
- It takes about two hours.

(6) How can I make an Internet Reservation for Nakseonjae Tour at 16:00?
- There is no English guided tour for Nakseonjae at 16:00 when only Korean guided tour is available. If you still want to join the tour in Korean, you can buy a ticket on the spot from 30 minutes before the tour, or make a reservation through the Korean website of the palace at http://www.cdg.go.kr/info/nsj04_01.php. Since your planned tour is in October, you can make a reservation from September 27th. While the dates in blue are open for reservation, those in black means that they have been fully booked. You can click a date in blue to make a reservation.

An alternative is to use an English audio guide that can be borrowed from the ticket office at 10 o’clock in the morning. To borrow the device you will be asked to present your identification card.

(7) Can I visit Ongnyuchun and Nakseonjae without joining any tour?
- On Thursdays, visitors are allowed to walk around the palace grounds on their own, including Ongnyuchun, Nakseonjae and the regular tour course. Admission fee is 15,000 Korean won.

Thank you for your interest again, and enjoy your tour.